Translate

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kitchen Mat Refresher

You know you're a child of the 70s or 80s if your mom had one of these in the kitchen.


Tastes may evolve, but sometimes dilemmas don't. My mom had to hand-wash and line-dry the rug because putting it in a washing machine would just destroy it. I love the ease of my kitchen mat (which I picked up at Costco) but again, how to launder it? I usually would wipe it down but not find much difference, or toss it altogether after several months and buy a new one.




I am a fervent searcher of new ideas. One thing I enjoy particularly is thinking of alternative uses for my favorite products. I used Comet with bleach to clean the mat.  





First, I applied an ample amount to the mat.





Spread the cleanser into a thin layer (I left a small portion untreated in hopes of comparing). I left it on for approximately five minutes. 








Then wiped clean. You have to look very close at the green door. There is a small distinction. Lol.





I believe the color on the mat is too vibrant to accurately show the difference....so I did the reverse side (which apparently, gets a lot dirtier than I could have ever suspected, ick. ). Here, you can clearly see a difference.




Soooooo.....there may be life in the old gal yet...and you can toss it after about a year of use!

  

If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.  

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  


You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤


 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment