Translate

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Silver Cleaning Challenge

Oxygen. Vital. Necessary. Imperative for survival. Unfortunately, oxygen can wreak havoc on your silver or silver-plated serve wear.  We've all heard of the time-tested method of using baking soda; and I'd heard the acidity in white vinegar would do the trick. Recently, I picked up a boxed silver-cleaning cloth from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I still couldn't figure which method was best, so I decided to try all three. 
After trying all three, I realized that they all have their advantages. 

I like the baking soda because it is much safer for the environment. 
I like the vinegar because it was easier to get into crevices. It did, smell however. 
The cloth works extraordinarily well. 

In summary, the cloth works the best, but is the most expensive method.  All three methods require a bit of elbow grease to get into tiny crevices. 

From my collection:
Tea service:  Neiman Marcus
Handbag and shoe servewear:  Neiman Marcus
Coffee pot:  Oneida 

If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.  

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  


You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤


 



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment